|Job Type||Artist Commissions Artist In Residence Call for Artists Creative or Artistic Director CREATIVE MANAGEMENT & SUPPORT ROLES Event Management Gallery, Museum or Library|
|Location||All Ireland Dublin and the East|
|Specific Location||Dun Laoghaire|
|Salary||€190 per day|
Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council is seeking applications for external producers for a number of exhibitions in the Municipal Gallery, dlr LexIcon in 2019 and 2020. A panel will be formed from which the most appropriate producer will be selected for each exhibition. Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council reserves the right to extend the life of this panel into 2021.
About the Municipal Gallery, dlr LexIcon
The Municipal Gallery is located on the 3rd floor of dlr LexIcon, Haigh Terrace, Moran Park, Dún Laoghaire. This is the first purpose built public gallery space in the county and opened in December 2014.
The programme includes:
- commissioned exhibitions
- touring exhibitions
- advertised open calls which allow artists to propose exhibition ideas selected by a specialist panel
This is the Municipal Gallery for the County and any exhibited work must be suitable for viewing by children as well as adults. The audience for the Gallery is varied and is a mix of library users, residents of the County, local arts community and tourists/day visitors, as well as those specifically coming to view the work on show in the Gallery.
Each gallery exhibition programme is planned so that it includes both the artworks in the gallery space, activities in the project room and a learning programme. The learning programme gives visitors of all ages the chance to explore and engage with the artworks on show through events like talks, workshops, films and tours. There will be a learning programme co-ordinator assigned by the Arts Office to each exhibition programme that will work with the external producer.
The programming team for the exhibition programmes is made up of dlr Arts Office staff members with specialist arts knowledge, who also work with closely with external curators, artists, key partner organisations and arts learning specialists.
Key tasks will include:
- Ascertaining all of the technical requirements for the installation of work. This will also involve booking the technicians with the Council’s art technicians company.
- Co-ordinating the delivery of the work to dlr LexIcon with the artists and the dlr LexIcon Facilities Management Company.
- Overseeing the installation of the work. dlr Arts Office engages specialist art technicians to undertake the installation of work and the Producer will work with this team.
- Print & Design: liaising with the artist and graphic designer to produce required print material (generally an invite and poster) for each exhibition.
- Liaising with the artist, the Arts Office, learning programme co-ordinator and the caterers to organise a launch event for each exhibition, as required. Liaise with the artist(s) around their requirements for mailing invites. • Liaise with dlr LexIcon Facilities Management regarding the install, take-down, cleaning, launch and requirements throughout the duration of the exhibition.
- Confirm insurance with artists and supply dlr Arts Office with details of what insurance cover is required for the artworks while in situ.
- Write and send press release in conjunction with the Arts Office. Do exhibitions listings.
- Liaise with social media consultant regarding social media coverage.
- Liaise with the Learning Programme Co-ordinator regarding the project room, learning programme and associated print and press.
Fee and Invoices
The fee will be €190 per day inclusive of all expenses; please note that for individuals this will be paid via payroll for taxation purposes only. Each exhibition programme will be allocated in the region of 8-10 production days.
Selection criteria and marking:
- Demonstrated previous experience of exhibition production in a gallery or museum setting (Marks will be awarded out of 50)
- Demonstrated project management and organisational skills (Marks will be awarded out of 30)
- Working knowledge of visual art (Marks will be awarded out of 20)
The Producer will be required to provide evidence of Public Liability insurance which indemnifies Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council with a limit of indemnity of €6.5 million.
Freedom of Information
The provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 1997-2003 apply to Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council. Applicants should state if any of the information supplied by them is confidential or sensitive and should not be disclosed in response to a request for information under the aforementioned Act. Applicants should state why they consider the information to be confidential or commercially sensitive.
Successful applicants will be Garda Vetted under the National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Act 2013.
Further information about the Municipal Gallery: http://www.dlrcoco.ie/en/arts/municipal-gallery-dlr-baths-studios
Applications must be submitted by email to: [email protected]
Closing date for applications: Friday 18 May at 4.00pm