The Body&Soul Administrator is a core team member and will support the team of Body&Soul in delivering the unique and broad-ranging programme of live music, arts and culture, and wellbeing for three major events in the Irish and UK festival calendars.
Reporting to the General Manager, with key liaison points across the Festival Director, Event Operations, Programme and Marketing, the Administrator is responsible all of the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the Body&Soul office. The Administrator plays a central role in providing support for office management and company administration, financial administration, residents’ relations and services pertaining to all events.
The Administrator will have the ability to coordinate and oversee projects from start to finish, frequently in high pressure conditions. They must show good initiative in devising efficient processes, adopting new procedures and have excellent administration skills. They will need a good command of logistics, being able to pull together information and resources to complete projects and the ability to meet strict deadlines. The Administrator should be able to take ownership of additional responsibilities as required.
Reports to: General Manager
Key Liaison with: Festival Director, Programme Department (including Music Booker, Programme Manager and Decor Manager), Event Ops, Technical Production, Marketing & Sponsorship.
Role and Responsibilities
Office Management and Company Administration
- Deal with phone and redirect as appropriate.
- Stationery stock management and ordering.
- Organise and schedule meetings and appointments on behalf of the company and Festival Director.
- Liaise with IT support company on all office equipment.
- Coordinate and arrange all company travel, accommodation bookings, car hire etc to support the company.
- Provide administrative support to Festival departments including Programme & Music.
- Manage and monitor the office email accounts, deal with queries and redirect if appropriate.
- Manage the office cleaning rotas and cleaning arrangements.
- Manage the Festival’s Guest Lists, sponsor ticket allocations, residents tickets, competition winners and ticketing administration for the various Festival events throughout the year.
- Manage the online application administration for Volunteers, Secondary Activations, Art installations, Therapy etc.
- Act as the main point of contact for Wristband stock and action orders.
- Provide administrative support to Accreditation regarding pass sheets and other supports that may be required.
- Provide HR administration support to the General Manager, particularly around the company’s recruitment processes.
Financial Administration Support
- Manage communications with the team, suppliers and vendors regarding payment and payment procedures.
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Raise Purchase Orders through Xero (B&S Accounting Software).
- Payment of all invoices by EFT.
- Ensure that all financial paperwork including invoices are scanned and uploaded to Receipt Bank (B&S Accounting Software) to support weekly reconciliation reports.
- Manage Petty Cash records and ensure that all petty cash distributed is accounted for.
Staff Welfare Support
- Responsible for staff accommodation and client//vendor/artist accommodation (if relevant) arrangements at all of the B&S events including but not limited to Body&Soul Festival, Solas at Latitude and Body&Soul at Electric Picnic.
- Coordination of staff accommodation which includes working with the Event Operations Manager in relation to production camping.
- Source, negotiate and book catering for crew at all B&S events once signed off by the Festival Director and General Manager.
- Coordination of catering forms which includes crew, artists and select vendors.
- Compile a final catering form in advance of each event.
- Coordination of system for availing of catering.
- Ensure a daily tally of numbers is done with the festival caterer at the end of each day when on-site.
- Responsible for communicating staff welfare to the entire team, including accommodation and catering arrangements.
- Lead on and maintain excellent communications and relations with local residents.
- Point person for Residents’ Associations and management of all communications, including facilitating a Public Information Session for locals.
- Be the person responsible capturing all residents’ requests in advance of the festival and communicating them to Event Operations department.
- Collate and distribute Residents' ticket distribution (working closely with Sales & Marketing team).
- Responsible for post event follow up and post event communication with residents.
- Follow up on queries leading up to and after the event.
- Develop and draft the Residents Info Pack.
- Working with the core team at B&S, communicating clearly around your Project Plan and key deadlines and areas with high dependencies on other departments and input same to the festival’s project management system.
- Supporting the organisation to adhere to project timelines by acting as the main liaison around project deadlines to all internal departments and other stakeholders across all festivals.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum two years’ proven administrative experience in financial administration, office administration, and/or festival production administration - Essential
- Excellent computer literacy, specifically Google Drive, Word/Excel/Google Sheets and other Google documents, Google Calendars, Microsoft Office suite etc - Essential
- High learning agility with respect to project management software - Essential
- Strong project management, communication, administration, organisational and planning skills - Essential
- Efficiency and ability to multi-task in a high pressured environment - Essential
- Interest in the arts and/or festival administration - Desirable
- Highly organised and a proven ability to multi-task.
- Superior time management.
- A clear communicator both in person and online with good inter-personal skills.
- Calm under pressure.
- Can demonstrate creative thinking and innovative problem solving.
- Must be able to follow an agreed-upon work plan and work with confidence and independence.
- Proven ability to be resourceful and detail-oriented.
- Commencing December 2017.
- The position is full-time for 9 months of the year with an option to revert to a part-time position for the final 3 months, should the successful candidate wish to do so. The position is for an initial one-year contract and includes a six month probation.
- While the role is currently based at B&S HQ in Dublin 8, it requires flexibility with work hours and location-based work on-site during several festival periods.
- It should be understood that at times you will be expected to work such hours as are necessary for the workload and deadlines in question.
Please submit a copy of your CV along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for this position. All applications should be sent by email to [email protected] with Administrator Job Application in the subject title.
Closing date for applications is Friday 27 October at 5pm.
Interviews (both first and second round), for shortlisted candidates, will take place during the week commencing 6 November with a view to the successful candidate commencing in December 2017.