|Employer||Meath County Council|
|Job Type||Arts Administration Event Management Heritage and Conservation|
|Location||Dublin and the East|
|Specific Location||Navan, Co. Meath|
|Salary||€41,625 - €49,990 (EL 10/17) pending on service|
|Closing Date||21st February 2018 at 5pm|
Reporting to the County Arts Officer, and County Librarian, under the Directorate of Housing, Community, Library, Arts & Culture, or other such nominated officer, the Assistant Arts Officer shall:
- Have particular responsibility for Community, Youth and Children’s Arts including Arts in Education programmes.
- Work with the County Arts Officer in the maintenance, development, implementation and evaluation of a series of annual/multi-annual programmes in each of these areas to include:
- Pucas & Potions Children’s Halloween Festival/Workshop events
- Menagerie Mayhem
- Toradh Gallery Schools and Community Outreach Programme
- Assist with the maintenance, development and implementation of the Arts Office FÉACH artists training and mentorship programme.
- Assist with and contribute to the development and implementation of the County Arts Plan. This includes sourcing and providing specialist advice and information, programme design and scheduling, devising contracts, monitoring, assessing and evaluating performance against agreed targets, and ensuring that the necessary financial and management systems are in place.
- Assist with annual funding applications and source additional funding as appropriate.
- Assist with the management of the Meath County Council Annual Arts Grants, Bursaries and Awards Schemes.
- Take responsibility for Corporate Governance, relating to the Arts Development programme, including Social and Cultural Inclusion, Child Protection, Health and Safety.
- Have a good knowledge base of and contribute to the development, implementation and review of local, national and international policy relating to Culture and Arts development, as it applies to the Local Authority Arts Service.
- In consultation with the County Arts Officer, manage, evaluate and assess the impact and delivery of programmes, including monitoring and evaluating projects to inform forward planning and decision making.
- With the County Arts Officer, identify, negotiate, develop and maintain partnerships, within the local authority, with external agencies, networks and individuals ensuring clarity over respective aims, roles and responsibilities to grow resources for the sector.
- Collect information and evidence to inform decision-making and prioritizing work.
- Provide mentoring, information, advice and guidance both internally and externally around the field of arts development, as appropriate.
- Prepare documentation and reports as appropriate.
- Represent the Arts Service and Meath County Council at internal and public meetings, events and functions as required.
- Carry out all duties in compliance with appropriate procedures including the maintenance of records and information.
- Work in a flexible manner in line with the organisation’s corporate objectives and role and to be willing to perform such other appropriate duties in relation to the arts in the region as may from time to time be assigned by the Council.
- To travel throughout the county as required by the role.
- The person appointed will be expected to be flexible and will be required to work at evenings or weekends as required.
The Ideal Candidate Shall Have:
- Proven organisational and administrative ability.
- Excellent communication and administrative skills.
- The ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Experience of working with groups and have adequate motivating skills.
- The ability to sustain a complex work-load.
- A knowledge and appreciation of the cultural traditions of County Meath
- Hold a clean, full driving-licence and have his/her own car.
In order to be considered for this position, you must complete the relevant application form, which can be found at: http://www.meath.ie/CountyCouncil/JobVacancies/