|Employer||Music Generation Laois|
|Job Type||Arts Administration|
|Salary||Current Salary - €26,756|
|Closing Date||12noon, 12 January 2018|
COMHAIRLE CHONTAE LAOISE
LAOIS COUNTY COUNCIL
Laois County Council wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons for inclusion on a panel which is being established to fill the vacancy for the position of:
Assistant Co-ordinator Music Generation Laois (temporary contract)
Applications, on the official application form, must be received not later than
12 noon on Friday 12th January 2018.
Laois County Council is an equal opportunities employer.
LAOIS COUNTY COUNCIL
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE COMMUNITY
Music Generation Laois is a performance music education service for children and young people in Co. Laois. It is part of Music Generation – Ireland’s National Music Education Programme, initiated by Music Network and co-funded by U2, the Ireland Funds and the Department of Education and Skills. Locally, Music Generation Laois is supported by Laois County Council (lead partner), Laois Offaly ETB and Laois Partnership Company. The aim of Music Generation Laois is to provide a high-quality, inclusive and sustainable music education service to children and young people in Laois.
Laois County Council wishes to employ an Assistant Co-ordinator to assist the Music Generation Laois Co-ordinator with the organisation, promotion and day-to-day running of Music Generation Laois. The successful candidate will be passionate about music education and have excellent I.T. communication and organisational skills.
Education, training, experience etc:
Each candidate must, on the latest date for receipt of completed application form:
- Have a good standard of education;
- Hold a full clean current driving licence in respect of Category B Vehicles or equivalent in the EU Model Driving Licence on the latest date for the receipt of completed applications;
- Have excellent I.T. skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Web Page Design/Editing photo manipulation software such as Adobe Photoshop and experience of using/updating Social Media such as Twitter and Facebook is essential.
and the following are also desirable:
- An appropriate qualification in music, music education, arts administration or related area from a recognised Institution;
- Previous experience of working in a similar role;
- Good Knowledge of the music education sector.
The role will involve:
- Supporting the planning and development of Music Generation Laois performance music education programme
- Supporting administration, monitoring, reporting, resource management, event management and other aspects of project management of an extensive music education service
- Developing and providing internal and external communications, using relevant communication tools
- Dealing with day-to day inquiries from tutors, schools, centres, and the general public and assisting with enrolment of students and class scheduling;
- Collection and lodgement of student fees;
- Assisting with the processing of payments;
- Assisting with the operations across all programme strands;
- Assisting with performance and other Music Generation Laois events;
- Assisting with procurement and management of musical instruments/equipment;
- Preparing agendas, writing and circulating minutes for Committee meetings.
- Managing website, social media and e-letters;
- Preparing press releases, and managing contacts with local press;
- Assisting with the preparation and distribution of press/communications and publicity material relevant to the work of Music Generation Laois;
- Assisting with photography/videoing of rehearsals/concerts for archives and promotional use;
- Assisting with any other work of Music Service as identified by Music Generation Laois Co-ordinator.
Hours of work:
The Assistant Co-ordinator will work for a 37 hour week. Attendance outside normal office hours will be required and flexibility to meet the needs of Music Generation Laois will be required. Time off in lieu will apply where appropriate.
Garda Vetting: This post is subject to Garda Vetting.
Applicants must fill out the application form available above, which is also available here: http://www.laois.ie/departments/human-resources/vacancies/
Human Resources Section, Laois County Council, Áras an Chontae, Portlaoise, County Laois.
Email: [email protected]