The Body&Soul Administrator is a core team member and will support the team of Body&Soul in delivering the unique and broad-ranging programme of live music, arts and culture, and wellbeing for three major events in the Irish and UK festival calendars.
Reporting to the General Manager, with key liaison points across the Festival Director, Event Operations, Programme and Marketing, the Administrator is responsible all of the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the Body&Soul office.
The Administrator plays a central role in providing support for office management and company administration, financial administration, residents’ relations and services pertaining to all events.
The Administrator will have the ability to coordinate and oversee projects from start to finish, frequently in high pressure conditions. S/He must show good initiative in devising efficient processes, adopting new procedures and have excellent administration skills. S/He will need a good command of logistics, being able to pull together information and resources to complete projects and the ability to meet strict deadlines. The Administrator should be able to take ownership of additional responsibilities as required.
Reports to: General Manager
Key Liaison with: Festival Director, Programme Department (including Music Booker, Programme Manager and Decor Manager), Event Operations, Company Operations, Marketing & Sponsorship.
Role and Responsibilities
Office Management and Company Administration
- Deal with phone and email enquiries and redirect as appropriate.
- Manage multiple Body&Soul email address including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]
- Stationery stock management and ordering.
- Organise and schedule meetings and appointments on behalf of the company and Festival Director.
- Liaise with IT support company on all office equipment.
- Coordinate and arrange all company travel, accommodation bookings, car hire etc to support the company.
- Provide administrative support to Festival departments including Programme & Music which includes reviewing Artist contracts and distributing MOUs.
- Manage and monitor the office email accounts, deal with queries and redirect if appropriate.
- Manage the office cleaning rotas and cleaning arrangements.
- Manage the online application administration for the company including but not limited to Volunteers, Secondary Activations, Art installations, Therapy etc.
- Provide HR administration support to the General Manager, particularly around the company’s recruitment processes.
Financial Administration Support
- Manage communications with the team, suppliers and vendors regarding payment and payment procedures.
- Raise Purchase Orders through the company’s accounting and project management software.
- Ensure that all items invoiced are paid on time.
- Ensure that internal financial processes are adhered to in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that all financial paperwork including invoices are scanned and uploaded to Receipt Bank (B&S Accounting Software) to support weekly reconciliation reports.
- Payment of all invoices by EFT.
- Manage all company credit card transactions.
- Manage Petty Cash records and ensure that all petty cash distributed is accounted for.
Staff Welfare Support
- Responsible for staff accommodation and client/vendor/artist accommodation (if relevant) arrangements at all of the B&S events including but not limited to Body&Soul Festival, Solas at Latitude and Body&Soul at Electric Picnic.
- Coordination of staff accommodation which includes working with the Operations Manager in relation to production camping.
- Source, negotiate and book catering for crew at all B&S events once signed off by the Festival Director and General Manager.
- Coordination of catering forms and buy out options which includes crew, artists and select vendors.
- Compile a final catering form in advance of each event.
- Coordination of system for availing of catering.
- Ensure a daily tally of numbers is done with the festival caterer at the end of each day when on-site.
- Responsible for communicating staff welfare to the entire team, including accommodation and catering arrangements.
This aspect of the role requires direct liaison with the Operations Manager.
- Lead on and maintain excellent communications and relations with local residents.
- Point person for Residents’ Associations and management of all communications, including facilitating a Public Information Session for locals.
- Set schedule for Residents’ meetings in consultation with the Festival Director and Operations Manager.
- Draft agendas, distribute invites and book rooms for Residents’ meetings.
- Capture all residents’ lighting and barrier requests in advance of the festival and hand over to Event Operations department for sign off and execution.
- Collate Resident’s ticket allocations and manage distribution of same in collaboration with the Ticketing & Entrance Manager.
- Responsible for post event follow up and post event communication with residents.
- Follow up on queries leading up to and after the event.
- Develop and draft the Residents Info Pack.
- Working with the core team at B&S, communicating clearly around your Project Plan and key deadlines and areas with high dependencies on other departments and input same to the festival’s project management system.
- Supporting the on-site production office at events and delivering the onsite element of other areas of this role including staff welfare, residents relations and accounts.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum two years’ proven administrative experience in financial administration, office administration, and/or festival production administration - Essential
- Excellent computer literacy, specifically Google Drive, Microsoft Office suite etc - Essential
- High learning agility with respect to project management software - Essential
- Strong project management, communication, administration, organisational and planning skills - Essential
- Efficiency and ability to multi-task in a high pressured environment - Essential
- Experience of using accounting packages Receiptbank and Xero - Desirable
- Highly organised and a proven ability to multi-task.
- Superior time management.
- A clear communicator both in person and online with excellent inter-personal skills.
- Calm under pressure.
- Can demonstrate creative thinking and innovative problem solving.
- Must be able to follow an agreed-upon work plan and work with confidence and independence.
- Proven ability to be resourceful and detail-oriented.
- Interest in the arts and/or festival administration
- Commencing 14 January 2019.
- The position is full-time and is for an initial one-year contract and includes a six month probation.
- While the role is currently based at B&S HQ in Dublin 8, it requires flexibility with work hours and location-based work on-site during several festival periods.
- It should be understood that at times you will be expected to work such hours as are necessary for the workload and deadlines in question.
- Remuneration €30,000 per annum pro rata.
Please submit a copy of your CV along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for this position. All applications should be sent to [email protected] with Administrator Job Application in the subject title.
Closing date for applications is Monday 19 November 2018 at 5pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 5 December 2018. It is up to shortlisted candidates to make themselves available on this date.
The start date for this position is Monday 14 January 2019.