Are you a creative marketeer with a love of strategic planning and an innovative approach to your work? We’re looking for someone who has drive, ambition, creative flair and at least three years’ experience in similar roles to work with Body&Soul Festival as we celebrate our 10 year anniversary.
Reporting to the Festival Director, you’ll manage two direct reports and work with the full team to devise holistic campaigns for Body&Soul Festival, Solas @ Latitude and Body&Soul @ Electric Picnic.
For Body&Soul Festival you will also work closely with the Festival’s publicity firm in delivering a robust marketing campaign for Body&Soul 2019. This role also requires the post holder to be the Festival’s Sponsorship Relationship Manager.
The Marketing & Sponsorship Manager will also be at the Festival’s work with various festival departments throughout the contract period and will work from festival sites where required throughout the year.
Reports to: Festival Director
Direct Reports: Marketing Assistant, Marketing Intern
Key Liaison with: Internal: General Manager/Company Operations, Programme Department (including Music Booker, Programme Manager, Curators, Art Department Manager), Event Operations, B&S Publicity Firm.
External: Sponsors, Sponsor Agencies, Festival Graphic Designer, Festival B&S IT Support Company, Marketing Suppliers.
Marketing Duties include (but not limited to):
● Managing a team of two direct reports on the B&S marketing campaign
● Leading the design and visual communication of the brand and all Body&Soul events
● Devising a robust marketing strategy which creatively drives ticket sales and managing the implementation of same
● Website maintenance and copywriting for website
● Social media content implementation and leading growth across all social channels
● Day to day implementation of digital marketing strategy
● Input into and utilise the Festival’s Project Management system and ensure agreed project timelines are adhered to and the system is kept up to date at all times
● Management of all pre-festival print and on-site print production in lead up to festival
● Act as liaison with the designer, PR company and printers to prepare and produce marketing materials to deadline
● Manage liaison between marketing team and relevant B&S departments and external stakeholders
● Out of festival season, be the main point of contact with the Festival’s ticketing company and set up new ticket types
● Co-ordinating the distribution of marketing materials
● Manage competitions for tickets across multiple platforms
● Manage deadlines on multiple projects
● Manage and track the Marketing budgets for all shows.
● Pitch and manage media partnerships across radio, online and print.
● Assist in coordinating launch events, press days including coordination of social media, website, newsletters(where relevant).
● Collation of materials to support PR campaign and regular updating of media online.
● Manage market research through surveys and interviews.
● Manage the preparation of all on-site print materials (inc. schedules, time tables, maps and information guides).
● Be the main point of contact within B&S for the Marketing Team and its seasonal team members.
● Ensuring the highest possible levels of communication across all events - working closely with the Festival Director, General Manager, Programme Manager, sponsors, curators and venues over the duration of the marketing campaigns.
● Research potential sponsorship brands and present findings to the Festival Director so as to inform future sponsorship pitches
● Input into the content of sponsorship pitch documents.
● Responsible for the design of sponsorship pitch documents and collateral.
● Support the Festival Director on sponsorship pitching presentations by providing relevant marketing information and statistics and being present at pitching meetings when required.
● Hold position of Relationship Manager on behalf of Body&Soul for Festival sponsors. This includes ensuring ongoing and relevant communication with sponsors as well as ensuring that B&S adheres to commitments and delivers in a timely, professional manner.
● To ensure liaison with members of the B&S team whose work intersects with the area of sponsorship (specifically but not exclusively the Body&Soul’s Festival Director, General Manager, Technical Production Manager, Event Operations Department, Programme Manager).
● Development and implementation of templates around sponsorship management which are used by all relevant staff members (eg RASCI files)
● Input into and utilise the Festival’s Project Management system relating to sponsorship and ensure agreed project timelines are adhered to and the system is kept up to date at all times
● Ensuring the highest possible levels of communication of sponsor requirements across all relevant departments of Body&Soul in a timely manner.
● Ensuring Body&Soul compliance with Sponsorship agreements.
● Ensuring that Sponsors deliver on their agreements with Body&Soul.
● Liaise with the Sponsorship Production Manager (onsite role) regarding onsite issues.
● Set up and attend debrief meetings with sponsors.
● Three years’ experience in a marketing position or as a freelance marketeer, ideally in the arts/music//festival sectors - Essential
● Experience of sponsorship relationship management - Desirable
● Experience in creating sponsorship/partnership proposals - Desirable
● Skilled copywriter with the ability to communicate to diverse audiences across multiple platforms on myriad topics - Essential
● Experience managing marketing budgets and devising marketing campaigns - Essential
● Experience in leading and progressing relationships with designers, illustrators and visual communicators in all areas of campaign/brand management - Essential
● Experience leading a communications team, including publicists and other stakeholders - Essential
● Experience in maintaining a CRM / website - Essential
● Experience in managing databases of information - Essential
● Experience managing print and print production for major marketing campaigns - Essential
● Knowledge of graphic design applications (eg photoshop) - Desirable
● Digitally savvy and ahead of the curve on all digital and social opportunities - Essential
● Proven experience in engaging content creation - Essential
● Experience managing direct reports - Desirable
● Excellent communication skills: written and verbal skills are essential as the position requires preparing information on the brand for newsletters, social media and other key stakeholders - Essential
● Proficient in Google Drive and related programmes, Google Calendars, Dropbox - Essential
● Excellent and demonstrable organisational skills - Essential
● Experience proofing printed collateral (brochures, flyers, programmes) - Essential
● Experience of festival ticketing systems and report generation - Desirable
● Highly motivated, creative and strategic thinker with an innovative approach to their work
● Ability to work in a high-pressured environment and to remain calm under pressure
● A keen eye for detail
● A clear communicator both in person and online
● Highly organised individual with an ability to manage time effectively and a proven ability to multi-task
● Interest in the arts and/or festival marketing
● Must be able to follow an agreed-upon work plan and work with confidence and independence.
● Ability to work well as part of a dynamic team in an office environment and off-site in a festival environment
● The position is full-time from January to October, and 4 days per week in November and December, and is for an initial one-year contract and includes a six month probation.
● While the role is currently based at B&S HQ in Dublin 8, it requires flexibility with work hours and location-based work on-site during several festival periods.
● It should be understood that at times you will be expected to work such hours as are necessary for the workload and deadlines in question.
● Remuneration €37,000 to €39,000 per annum pro rata commensurate with experience.
Please submit a copy of your CV along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for this position. All applications should be sent to [email protected] with Marketing & Sponsorship Manager Job Application in the subject title.
Closing date for applications is Friday 19th October 2019 at 5pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
Interviews will take place on Friday 26th October 2019. It is up to shortlisted candidates to make themselves available on this date.
The start date for this position is Monday 3rd December 2019, or earlier if possible.