DEADLINE EXTENDED until 24 Sept, 5pm. Communications and Events Officer for the Irish Writers Centre (Full-time with flexible hours)
Term: 15 month contract (including a 3 month probationary period), renewable annually thereafter.
Reporting to and working directly with the Director, the Communications and Events Officer is a core member of the team within Ireland’s national literature resource and support organisation for writers.
He/she will have dual responsibilities for:
- publicising the Centre’s programme of activities, and
- planning, programming, organising and delivering events.
See website for full job description: https://irishwriterscentre.ie/pages/join-our-team
Key skills and aptitudes required
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the fields of communications, event management, and/or arts promotion. Programming experience is not essential but is an advantage.
- Have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to be approachable, diplomatic, discreet and confident in dealing with writers, media contacts, programming partners, the general public, and other stakeholders.
- Be creative, proactive and highly organised, with a strong aptitude for problem-solving, fast thinking and a keen eye for accuracy and detail.
- Excellent IT skills with a knowledge of content management systems, social media platforms (incl. Mailchimp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), Google Analytics, Google Drive, MS Office and PhotoShop.
- A strong interest and knowledge of the Irish literary scene.
- A motivated self-starter with strong interest in working in the arts and with an ability to prioritise and deliver concurrent programmes.
- Be willing to work flexible hours (evenings/weekends as required).
- Be willing to travel regionally (as required) as the IWC continues to expand its programming.
If you have the drive and experience to be part of a dynamic team that will steer the Irish Writers Centre into an exciting new phase in its development, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Apply by email only with covering letter outlining your suitability for the role and CV to [email protected] ensuring to put Communications and Events Officer position in the subject line. You may wish to attach one short sample of your work or links in your CV, ensuring that all documentation (including cover letter) is in one PDF or Word attachment.
Deadline for applications is Monday September 24th, 2018 at 5pm.
Salary range is €28-31K per annum, commensurate with experience