|Employer||A Lust for Life|
|Job Type||CREATIVE MANAGEMENT & SUPPORT ROLES MEDIA MARKETING, DESIGN AND DIGITAL ROLES Advertising & Copywriting Design and Visual Communications Digital Media Journalism & Media Publishing & Editing|
|Location||All Ireland Dublin and the East|
A Lust for Life is an award-winning Irish well-being movement, created to transform how we talk about and treat mental health. We are currently looking for some talented and passionate souls to work with to us take our movement to the next level. Do you have the skills and conviction to help us deliver on our mission?
- Support, inspire and empower people to take care of their own minds
- Change societal/cultural norms around mental health
- Change societal infrastructure, so that our culture and society always catch people when they fall
Role title: Editor
Accountable to: Director of A Lust for Life
Employment: Full time (contractor role)
- Take holistic ownership for the innovation, integrity and impact of all A Lust For Life content (written, audio, print)
- Ensure all A Lust For Life content (written, audio, print) is consistent and supportive of A Lust for Life’s vision, mission and values and in line with the charity’s strategic plan
- Operate as positive, authentic and passionate Ambassador for A Lust for Life and its work
- Drive creation, editing and curating of all A Lust For Life content (written, audio, print)
- Drive pro-active sourcing of all A Lust For Life content (written, audio, print)
- Drive production and design of all A Lust For Life content (written, audio, print) in partnership with the Head of Marketing and Communications
- Lead activity to meet editorial objectives defined in A Lust For Life strategic plan
- Pro-actively escalate to Director where additional support or supervision is required in the context of exposure to difficult stories and/or individuals in distress
- Pro-actively identify opportunities to innovate and enhance impact of all A Lust For Life content (written, audio, print)
- Brief and effectively engage Director /Board members where their engagement in A Lust For Life content/public queries or interactions is required
- Manage all interactions with/queries from current and future writers etc.
- Regularly report on editorial content and public interaction to A Lust For Life management
- Pro-actively represent ALFL for media/events/speaking gigs/fundraising activity where required
- A deep commitment to and passion for A Lust for Life’s vision, mission and values
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent editorial and curation skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience working on own initiative and within a team
- Strong knowledge of and network in mental health area and/or voluntary sector
- Demonstrable evidence of delivery with innovation and creativity
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent, empathetic communication and relationship management skills.
- Demonstrable evidence of high personal integrity
Closing date for applications for this role is Friday, 30th March 2018.
To apply, please send your CV, completed questionnaire (see attached) and a cover letter to [email protected] using the job title of the role you are applying for as the subject of the email.