|Employer||Festival of Curiosity|
|Job Type||Creative or Artistic Director CREATIVE MANAGEMENT & SUPPORT ROLES Arts Administration Event Management Gallery, Museum or Library MEDIA MARKETING, DESIGN AND DIGITAL ROLES Advertising & Copywriting Journalism & Media CREATIVE SUPPORT ROLES|
|Location||All Ireland Dublin and the East|
|Specific Location||Dublin 1|
Post: Event Producer
Reporting to: Creative Director
Location: The Chocolate Factory, 26 Kings Inn Street, Dublin 1, Ireland
Contract: 5-month Fixed Term. Est. 3 days/week (Flexible Option)
Salary: €32,000 pro-rata
Closing date: 5 pm, March 26th, 2018
Application: CV (PDF) + Cover Letter to [email protected]
Queries: [email protected]
Homegrown in Dublin, Ireland, The Festival of Curiosity is an annual international festival of science, art, design & technology. From Playful Days (family programme) to Curious Nights (adult programme) we create, produce & curate a cultural feast of unique, visual and interactive experiences in Dublin that merge cutting-edge technology, design, arts and science in playful, immersive & curious ways.
The Events Producer will work as a member of the Creative Team at The Festival of Curiosity bringing creative concepts and ideas to life. The role will primarily support the delivery of events and production requirements at the festival in July and for any other projects throughout the year.
- Respond to creative briefs from the Creative Director and work with the production team to bring the concepts to life.
- Research and develop events and production requirements.
- Coordinate open calls, workshops, spaces, access, tools and equipment for the festival residency programme.
- Work with festival stakeholders and partners to scope out creative ideas and work independently to deliver them.
- Liaise and engage stakeholders, speakers and performers as needed to ensure delivery of projects.
- Communicate with audiences through online channels and assist in implementing the marketing and communications strategy.
- Coordinate the festival programme calendar and ticketing systems.
- Document and report on any activities as needed.
- Management support as required.
- Administrative support as required.
- This may include attending events outside of work hours and occasional travel.
- 2 to 3+ years experience in creative event development and production – such as communications agency, media production, live events or relevant industry.
- Ability to undertake independent research and respond to creative briefs with solid production planning, project management, budget management, and stakeholder engagement.
- Programme management and event coordination experience in live events, exhibitions and/or brand activations.
- Experience with experiential event / marketing campaigns / activations.
- Experience in executing multiple ideas in tandem from concept to delivery in a fast-paced environment, on time and within budget while ensuring high production values across multiple programmes and strands.
- Possess solid aesthetic sensibilities and storytelling skills for a wide variety of ages, audiences and content themes.
- Comfortable bringing big ideas to life across different formats (exhibitions, events, installations, digital, media ) ensuring big ideas are as powerful in real life as when pitched.
- Interest and knowledge of social media management (Campaigns, Digital Asset Creation, Photography, Video)
- We are looking for someone with a wide-reaching interest in science, technology, and design.
- Ability to work independently as part of a small team.
- Capacity for weekend/evenings work and some travel.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and flexible work environment.