Contractual Hours: 37.5 hours p/w between 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday
About BIMM Institute
BIMM, The British and Irish Modern Music Institute, has colleges in eight cities where music matters most – London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham – and is proud to be the largest and leading provider of contemporary music education in Europe.
Our eight BIMM colleges have over 50 years’ experience between them in helping students launch successful careers in the music industry.
We offer a broad range of Higher and Further Education music courses – including BA Honours Degrees, nationally accredited Diplomas and Postgraduate Teaching Certificates. Our professional highly vocational and real-world courses include studies in guitar, bass, drums, vocals, song writing, music production, music business, music journalism and event management.
Essential Criteria for Applicants
- Computer literate with an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and co-ordinate at all levels
- High level of accuracy in data inputting and ability to concentrate in a busy office environment
- The ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- The ability to multi-task and manage own work load efficiently
- Experience of administering HE Examinations and assessments
- Understanding and experience of working with External Examiners
- The ability to timetable
- A knowledge of student record databases or similar software
Assessment & Administration
- Co-ordination, data management and the general supervision of all exams and assessments working closely with the Education Team and Module Leaders.
- Overseeing the production of all exam related information such as timetables, registers, student preparation materials, feedback and results to all students.
- Timetabling tutors for examinations and booking rooms in consultation with the Estates and Facilities Department
- Working with the Module Leaders and Programme Leaders to ensure that all exam materials and briefs are generated as required and that all existing materials are updated on a yearly basis.
- Ensuring that all examinations and assessments are set, delivered, marked and reported in a timely fashion in accordance with external regulatio
- Ensuring that all assessment data, both physical and electronic is filed stored and kept up to date for future reference in accordance with regulatio
- Supporting all examiners, assessors and markers in the delivery of exams and assessments.
- Managing the administration of all electronic submissions via Moodle.
- Invigilating exams both in house and off site.
- Assisting in the production of data-based reports for the Senior Management Team.
- Overseeing the grade logging process for DIT and UWL in advance of Exam Boards.
- Coordinating the process of grade moderation in collaboration with Module Leaders.
- Preparing and disseminating Marks Arrays and achievement statistics in line with the requirements of education partners.
Support for Students
- Providing telephone, email and tutorial support for students who require additional guidance and information to achieve their full qualifications.
- Liaising with student support to ensure that student learning support needs and exam accommodations are met to the highest standard.
- Sending out feedback and assessment results to students.
- Being actively involved in supporting BIMM gigs and events.
- Contributing to aspects of the Student Services team activities when required.
- Assisting with reception cover and other duties as deemed necessary by the College Principal
NB: This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The Examination Officer may be required to carry out other duties in keeping with the nature of the post as directed and agreed by the Principal.
Please follow the link to the full job description and to apply: https://bit.ly/2A2G9M4