A Lust for Life is an award-winning Irish wellbeing movement, created to transform how we talk about and treat mental health. We are currently looking for some talented and passionate souls to work with to us take our movement to the next level. Do you have the skills and conviction to help us deliver on our mission?
- Support, inspire and empower people to take care of their own minds
- Change societal/cultural norms around mental health
- Change societal infrastructure, so that our culture and society always catch people when they fall
Role title: Head of Marketing & Communications
Accountable to: Director of A Lust for Life
Employment: Full time (contractor role)
- Design and implement an innovative high-impact Marketing/PR/Communications strategy which is consistent with and supportive of A Lust for Life’s vision, mission and values
- Operate as a positive, authentic and passionate Ambassador for A Lust for Life and its work
- Develop the end-to-end marketing, PR & comms strategy for A Lust for Life including digital media strategy, PR & external affairs, event management, tactical execution and collaboration with 3rd party partners/stakeholders
- Maintain, promote and safeguard A Lust for Life’s position and reputation as a leading mental health organisation & generate ongoing positive on/offline media coverage
- Define integrated, effective marketing campaigns designed to achieve A Lust for Life’s strategic objectives & manage any 3rd party agencies engaged to deliver these campaigns.
- Support the Head of Partnerships in ensuring high-impact promotion and coverage of all fundraising events
- Deliver breakthrough ideas, innovation and leadership via all relevant mediums and channels (e.g. website, 3rd party channels, social media, live events)
- Measure and track A Lust for Life marketing & PR outcomes and manage marketing budgets to maximize impact. Share all performance data with MD / board etc.
- Have the capability to orchestrate, negotiate, prioritize and manage project deliverables with other members of the A Lust for Life team as needed.
- Ensure that relationships with key influencers are maintained including ambassadors, journalists, mental health thought-leaders, other mental health charities etc.
- Working with the MD, advise on appropriate communications plans and media handling for sensitive topics arising in the area of mental health
- Maximize social media channels for relevant communications and external affairs messaging and lead direction on reactions to online commentary etc
- Pro-actively represent A Lust for Life for media/events/speaking engagements/fundraising activity where required
- Work with Editor & Head of Partnerships on holistic, innovative campaigns which produce positive and unique content and messaging to new and existing A Lust for Life supporters
- A deep commitment to and passion for A Lust for Life’s vision, mission and values
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Can demonstrate creative flair, evidence of building complex, impactful marketing and PR campaigns
- Has a positive, proactive “can-do attitude” a methodical and flexible approach
- Has a keen interest in media and public affairs
- Has knowledge of and network in mental health area and/or voluntary sector
- Can clearly demonstrate digital experience, including social media management
- Excellent communicator, with strong presentation and writing skills
- Is able to act independently and make clear, strategic recommendations
- Excellent, empathic communication and strong collaboration and relationship management skills
- Demonstrable evidence of high personal integrity
Closing date for applications for this role is Friday, 13th April 2018.
To apply, please send your CV, completed questionnaire (see attached) and a cover letter to [email protected] using the job title of the role you are applying for as the subject of the email.