West Cork Music is seeking a Programme Coordinator for the West Cork Chamber Music Festival
The main role of the Programme Coordinator will be to work with the CEO in the programming and organisation of the West Cork Chamber Music Festival, including the extensive reporting and application requirements of multiple funding bodies. The West Cork Chamber Music Festival consists of nearly 80 events over ten days including 40 concerts featuring major international artists, twenty masterclasses, an exhibition by instrument makers, interviews and talks.
Applicants for this post must have their own transport, a full driving licence and be prepared to be based in West Cork. Initially the contract will be for 3 years starting in September with a six-month probationary period. Starting salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience.
Hours of work are normally 9am to 5pm that is 35 hours per week with one hour for lunch. Holidays are 21 days/year plus all Public Holidays.
Closing date for applications will be 13 August 2018. Short-listed applicants will be interviewed within a week.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Produce and process all correspondence and contracts for artists involved in the West Cork Chamber Music Festival.
- Liaise with agents and musicians and organise travel and accommodation as appropriate
- Monitor and provide evaluation and documentation of events, in line with funders' requirements.
- Contribute to updating of website and social media
- Manage the planning and coordination of logistics for the West Cork Chamber Music Festival
- Manage the Festival archive
- Support Festival Director and team in meeting multiple deadlines
- Plan and coordinate the administrative and logistical requirements for meetings, workshops and events
- Assist CEO in developing opportunities to attend national/international concerts/festivals.
The following qualifications and skills are necessary
- Relevant third level qualification
- Relevant knowledge of classical music, in particular chamber music
- Proficiency in computer packages, managing Excel spreadsheets and contracts with a strict attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills to include ability to update web sites and social media platforms
- Ability to work to multiple deadlines both as part of a team and on own initiative
- Proven track record of the above
- Willingness to work unsocial hours
Applicants should submit a detailed current CV, with two referees and a thoughtful cover letter setting out the qualities they could bring to the role. Applications by e-mail to [email protected] by 10am 13th August.
Applicants should submit a detailed current CV, with two referees and a thoughtful cover letter setting out the qualities they could bring to the role. Applications by e-mail to [email protected] by 10am 20th August.