Creative Careers Ireland is committed to protecting your privacy and we comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other relevant legislation in maintaining high standards in our use and storage of your personal data.
Creative Careers Ireland is an online jobs board and recruitment consultancy that provides a platform for Employers and Job seekers to create their own advertisements, recruit staff and to search for and apply for jobs.
- Collection and use of data
- Your rights
- Length of time any data we collect is kept
Our Privacy Notice does not apply when you use a link to go from our website to another website. (*This may happen if you click on a job advertisement which takes you to a charities own website or if you pay for a job credit via PayPal). Your browsing and interaction on any other website or your dealings with any other third party will be subject to that website’s or third party service provider’s own rules and notices/policies.
COLLECTION AND USE OF DATA
We collect personal data from you when you enquire about or request a product or service directly from us. For example you will provide personal data to us when you;
- Register on one of our websites, enquire or apply for a job, register to attend an event or conference, register your CV with us, request a newsletter/bulletin, enter a competition or draw.
The information we collect may include all or some of your contact details (e.g. name, email address, phone number and postal address). We also collect relevant information for a particular service. For example, if you choose to upload your CV when using our job site.
We may also research publicly available sources (e.g. websites and LinkedIn) and use external suppliers, to identify business contacts who are likely to be interested in the products and services we have to offer. We will only collect the minimal amount of information required for this purpose (e.g. name, job title, company and contact details) and when we contact you we will always provide you with an easy way to object to us continuing to retain your personal data.
LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We rely on one or more of the following processing conditions:
- Our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information and services to you;
- The lawful basis of “performance of a contract”
- Explicit consent that you have given;
- Legal obligations
We specifically rely on Legitimate Interests to:
- Send you marketing communications and personalise marketing content we provide to you about our jobs and or products and services
- Undertake business sales and advertising activities
- Research publicly available business contact details
- We will always make it clear how you can withdraw you consent or opt out of any of our marketing messages at any time. (This is normally shown at the bottom of our emails)
In many circumstances will have a contract in place – (The lawful basis of “performance of a contract”), this enables us to respond to you when you express an interest in our products and services and to fulfil any requests.
Consent – in some circumstances we rely on your specific consent, whereby you actively agree and “opt-in”.
Legal Obligation – there will be circumstances under which we are legally obliged to hold your personal data or required to disclose it to a third party by law.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will use your personal data for the purposes of fulfilling a product or service you have requested, which includes:
- Responding to your enquiries about our products and services
- Fulfilling your requests and delivery of a product or service. For example when you: Register on our site or post an advert on our site
- Apply for a job – If you apply for a job, your details will be shared with the recruiter promoting the specific role
- Register to attend an event
- Administering your account
- Sending you specific communications about a product or service. We will only send you direct marketing communications when you have either: provided your consent (e.g. ticked a box or clicked a “button” to submit a form) or where we believe we can demonstrate a legitimate business interest and have balanced this with your interests and privacy. There will always be an unsubscribe link on any marketing email you receive from us
Fulfilling draws and competitions
- Delivering customer services
- Shared content – We sometimes provide shared content, such as webinars, blogs, expert reports, whitepapers, surveys or events in relation to the third sector or recruitment. If you have taken part in this we will share the details you provide on our website and to interested people in the interest of sharing third sector knowledge and understanding. However, this is always your choice and you will be provided with a clear opportunity to indicate if you would prefer us not to share this information or would like to remain anonymous.
- We do not allow employers to search for a CV which is uploaded to our jobs board.
We do not send CV’s to employers who use our executive search service without the express permission of the candidate and any personal details are removed.
Under data protection law you have a number of rights. These are aimed at giving you control about how your personal data is used by us.
You can request a copy of the personal data we may hold relating to you, and the purposes for which we are using it. This is known as a Subject Access Request. You can also request your personal data to be deleted. In responding to such a request we may ask for proof of your identity, to ensure we do not inadvertently send your personal data to another person. We will respond to any such requests as soon as possible, but at least within one calendar month.
Ensuring your personal data is kept and transferred securely is of the highest importance to us.
- We hold your personal data on our secure systems, mainly based within the UK and the European Economic Area (EEA). Where we employ service providers, we have appropriate agreements in place to ensure your personal data is protected.
- Your personal data may be transferred to a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA). This may be required for the purposes of our staff based outside the EEA or where a supplier of a service is based outside the EEA. We will take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure your personal data is treated securely. This includes the use of Binding Corporate Rules and Model Contractual Arrangements as approved by the European Commission, and the EU-US Privacy Shield.
- We are committed to protecting the security of the personal data we hold. We take appropriate measures to ensure your personal data is kept securely and to prevent any unauthorised access.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The length of time we keep your information for will vary depending on the products and services we are providing to you. We will only keep your personal data for a reasonable period of time and we base this on the purpose for which we are using it.
There will be circumstances in which we keep a strictly minimal amount of information about you, for example to ensure we can honour an objection to receiving direct marketing. We will also, in specific circumstances, be required to retain personal data for a longer period of time for contractual or legal reasons.
We use a number of web services to promote our services. These are listed below. These could set cookies or track your activity anonymously – for full information you should read the privacy policies of these sites.
- Google AdWords – We use Google AdWords to promote our products and services through Google’s advertising opportunities
- Google Analytics – We use Google Analytics to provide insight into how visitors find and use our web pages so that we can evaluate and develop them
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linked in- We use these social media sites to promote our products and services
We may set cookies on certain third party sites that we advertise on to identify you as having visited that site if you later visit our website, and will serve targeted advertising based on this information
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice and our Terms and Conditions you can contact us in the following ways:
Call us: 01 5242807 (and ask for the Data Protection Officer for Creative Careers Ireland)
Email us: [email protected] or write to us: Creative Careers Ireland is registered at 15 Mount Street Lower, Dublin 2
Registered in Dublin under the company number: 348771
Please note this policy may be reviewed at any time – please keep checking back for any new updates.