Vacancy for fulltime Operations & Development Manager
About Outhouse: Outhouse is a community and resource centre owned by and operating on behalf of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT+) community. Outhouse Mission is to provide a safe space that facilitates and encourages the growth of services and supports to the LGBT+ community.
The Operations and Development Manager will be responsible for the day to day management and development of Outhouse in line with its Mission statement and strategic goals. Key responsibilities include; management of the staff team ensuring professional standards in all areas of the Centre’s operations, working with key staff to increase the income generated from the Centre’s activities, oversight of Outhouse day to day financial management and ensuring adherence to all Outhouse Policies and Procedures.
- Reporting to the Director of Services.
- Outhouse Policies and Procedures.
- Staff management
- Volunteer management
- Financial management.
- Income generation
- Facilities Management
- Marketing & Communications
- Health and Safety
- Liaising with the Director of Services on the achievement of Outhouse strategic goals and consultation on key decisions and actions.
- Implementation and ongoing development of Outhouse Policies and Procedures.
- Staff management, facilitation, support and development. Conducting regular staff meetings and linking of work plans to Outhouse Mission statement and Business Plan. Identifying and arranging necessary training for staff.
- Recruitment, support and development of volunteers.
- Ensuring adherence to Financial Policy and Procedures with a hands-on involvement in the implementation of SORP. Financial oversight of Venue and Café. Preparing returns and reports to statutory bodies and funders (core funding, capital and programme grants).
- Pursuing operational and development funding and fundraising opportunities. Optimising income generation from Venue and Cafe usage (social enterprise model)
- Facilities management, repairs and renewals
- Support the Venue Development and Marketing Officer in the promotion of Outhouse and its services. Create and maintain networks promoting the work of Outhouse and the role it plays within the community.
- Ensure compliance with Outhouse Safety Statement & Risk Assessment and Fire Safety Register.
Key Skills Required for Role
- Proven management / leadership skills
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Human resource management.
- Financial management
- Experience in funding applications.
- Social enterprise / business development skills
- Knowledge of marketing and communication.
- Experience of working and networking with voluntary sector and statutory partners.
- Proven skills working with diverse communities and individuals.
- Experience working with volunteers
- Flexibility is required in all aspects of this post.
- Highly proficient IT skills.
Qualification: Applicants should demonstrate a minimum of 3 years work experience. Relevant educational qualification while not essential are an advantage.
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience (€40k - €46k).
Hours and Place of work: This post is offered on a full-time (39 Hour working week) basis - days and hours will vary. The place of work shall be Outhouse, 105 Capel Street, Dublin 1.
Submitting an Application: Applications will only be accepted on Outhouse, Employment Application Form accompanied by cover letter (CV’s and Cover Letters will not be accepted) in advance of the deadline for applications which is 6pm Monday 17th December 2018
Applications should be submitted to the Director of Services by email to [email protected] or alternatively by post to Outhouse, 105 Capel Street, Dublin 1, D01 R290.