|Employer||Deilg Inis Theatre Company|
|Job Type||Acting & Performance|
|Location||Dublin and the East|
|Specific Location||Dalkey Castle and as required by the company’s contracts|
|Salary||€22,916 pa payable fortnightly in arrears|
|Closing Date||Tuesday April 4th 2023 at 5.00pm|
FOR DEILG INIS THEATRE COMPANY, DALKEY
Deilg Inis Living History Theatre Company is seeking Actors (playing age 25-60 years) for their Living History Programme in Dalkey Castle & Heritage Centre, a visitor attraction, open all year round.
Terms: Daytime 9.30-6.00pm. Hybrid working with 3 days per week onsite.
Reporting to: The Manager, Deilg Inis
Applications will be welcomed from all suitably qualified candidates, and especially those on the Live Register or from Community Employment/Jobs Initiative schemes.
Deilg Inis Living History Theatre Company is a full time seven-person professional theatre company based in Dalkey. The stated aim of the company is ‘to animate heritage theatrically in order to educate, entertain, interest and excite locals and visitors of all age groups, backgrounds and interests’.
The company is funded by Pobal under The Community services Programme.
DETAILS OF ROLE:
- Performing in Deilg Inis productions by day at Dalkey Castle
- Participating in Deilg Inis’ community service projects
- Attending rehearsals as called by Director/Manager
- Researching and developing historical characters for use in on-going programmes of Living History at Dalkey Castle and elsewhere
- Researching and developing plays/excerpts for productions and projects
- Assisting in the marketing and promotion of the ideas and work of the company
- Assisting in admin duties of the company
- Participating in training and development provided
Minimum 3 years of professional acting experience
Physically fit to carry out the role(s)
Good vocal and movement skills
Adaptable in switching roles, as required.
Confident in delivering script without a 4th wall.
Professional Qualifications: Recognised 2-3 year full time acting course
Previous acting experience that engages with the public
Good team player
Good computer skills
How to apply
Apply with letter of application with acting CV and showreel to [email protected]