|Employer||Deilg Inis Theatre Company|
|Job Type||Acting & Performance CREATIVE MANAGEMENT & SUPPORT ROLES Arts Administration Heritage and Conservation CREATIVE SUPPORT ROLES|
|Location||Dublin and the East|
|Salary||€21,294 pa payable fortnightly in arrears|
|Closing Date||26 January 2023|
Details of Role:
Deilg Inis Living History Theatre Company is seeking a full-time administrator to be part of a seven-person professional acting company based in Dalkey. The stated aim of the company is ‘to animate heritage theatrically in order to educate, entertain, interest and excite locals and visitors of all age groups, backgrounds and interests’.
Deilg Inis main client is Dalkey Castle & Heritage Centre.
Successful candidates will be responsible to the Manager for:
- Ensuring the smooth running of the Deilg Inis office on a daily basis
- Managing and executing office procedures: email, filing, photocopying etc
- Preparation of rosters, timesheets and invoices
- Managing and maintaining the Deilg Inis website
- Updating the data base including mailing lists
- Deputising for the manager and representing the company at outside events
- Undertaking training as agreed with the manager
- Assisting with keeping of records and financial reporting
- Scheduling and running rehearsals with actors
- Co-ordinating brush up rehearsals, as necessary
- Stage management duties, when required.
- Creating and submitting detailed performance reports, where required
- Covering for Actors where required
- Scheduling individual actors’ diaries as agreed with the manager
- Assisting in the marketing and promotion of Deilg Inis projects
- Actively promoting the aims of the company
- Assisting in sourcing of sponsorship
- Assisting with the drafting and submission of funding applications
- Liaising with community groups that the company targets at any specific time
- Liaising with the company’s outreach groups, as per the Pobal Deprivation index.
- Liaising with schools to align with their curriculum requirement
Deilg Inis is a not-for-profit Living History Theatre Company based in Dalkey, supported by the Community Services Programme of Pobal. Deilg Inis main client is Dalkey Castle & Heritage Centre. Deilg Inis also performs the literary works of local writers and stories gathered from members of the community.
Candidates must have:
- Administrative experience in theatre.
- Good communication, computer, and numeracy skills
- Experience in rehearsal scheduling and rehearsal management
- Previous acting or devising experience
- Experience of submitting funding applications
- Familiarity with the Community Services programme
- Experience in the tourism or hospitality industries.
- Stage management experience.
- Flexibility and team-player mentality
Administrator Required for Deilg Inis Theatre Company, Dalkey
Deadline for applications: 26th January 2023
Location: 17a Castle Street, Dalkey and as required by the company’s contracts
Terms: Full time
Remuneration: €21,294 pa payable fortnightly in arrears
Interview date: 31st January 2023
Reporting to: The Manager, Deilg Inis
Applications will be welcomed from all suitably qualified candidates, and especially those on the Live Register or from Community Employment/Jobs Initiative schemes.
How to apply
Apply with a letter of application, outlining how your experience matches the essential requirements above, together with a current C.V. by email to [email protected]
Company: Deilg Inis Theatre Company.
Enquiries should be referred to: Email: [email protected]