|Employer||Lismore Castle Arts|
|Job Type||CREATIVE & ARTISTIC ROLES CREATIVE MANAGEMENT & SUPPORT ROLES Arts Administration Gallery, Museum or Library Heritage and Conservation CREATIVE SUPPORT ROLES|
|Location||Cork and the South Waterford and the Southeast|
|Specific Location||Lismore Castle, Lismore, Co. Waterford|
|Salary||€24 - 30k (pro rata 15 hours per week)|
|Closing Date||Monday 18 November 2019, 1pm|
Lismore Castle Arts is seeking an Arts Engagement Facilitator to join the team on a part time fixed term basis. You will be an experienced arts engagement facilitator and teacher with a knowledge and understanding of contemporary art and art practice. A demonstrable ability to deliver inclusive and accessible learning content is essential and a skill for combining art and environmentally engaged practice is desirable.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for several existing Lismore Castle Arts projects, however there will be some scope to devise new projects.
The role focuses on audience engagement, particularly primary and secondary school pupils and teachers. Additionally, the post holder will work alongside the Curator and Administration Manager. After an initial settling in period, additional projects or audience segments may be added. In the first instance the priority is to deliver the projects as outlined in the roles and responsibilities below.
Please note that all interested candidates should have access to their own transport.
Employed by the Devonshire Educational Trust, you will be a member of an education team that operates across three sites: Chatsworth in Derbyshire, Bolton Abbey in Yorkshire and Lismore in Ireland. Your base will be Lismore and you will not be expected to work at the other locations.
Role and responsibilities:
- Deliver arts-based learning experience at Lismore Castle Arts and in Outreach settings (schools).
- To be the lead on several existing projects:
- Artifice: an annual visual art project for transition year students that requires making outreach visits to schools between September and December followed by the installation of an exhibition of all contributing students in March 2021.
- Primary school engagement: to offer art workshops and access to Lismore Castle Arts for primary schools with which there is already an established relationship.
- To develop new projects each year:
- Devise, promote and deliver a primary school focused workshop based upon the main exhibition in 2020 and in 2021 Language, Landscape and Light: An invitation to perceive in the company of Nancy Holt - linked to the curriculum and tailored to support the needs of pupils and teachers.
- Devise, promote and deliver a secondary school focused workshop based upon the main exhibition in 2020 and in 2021 Language, Landscape and Light: An invitation to perceive in the company of Nancy Holt.
- Evaluate the Lismore Learning programme using the Culture Counts platform (in use across the Devonshire Educational Trust).
- Work closely with the Lismore Castle Arts Curator, Administration Manager and Head of Devonshire Educational Trust on fundraising for engagement and learning activities at Lismore.
- Keep accurate records of participant numbers.
- Liaise with members of other departments.
- Other duties as determined by your manager.
- Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience of facilitating or teaching primary and/or secondary aged students.
- Demonstrable ability to teach and facilitate learning experiences that are inclusive and accessible and multisensory where appropriate.
- Experience of working in an arts organisation or an arts related industry environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Irish curriculum.
- An understanding of devising education offers with direct appeal for teachers and group organisers.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing to adults, children and young people.
- Flexibility regarding evening and weekend work will be required.
- IT skills.
Appointment will be subject to Garda Vetting. The post holder will be line managed by The Head of Devonshire Educational Trust, based in Derbyshire. The post holder will receive management support onsite from the Curator at Lismore Castle Arts and the General Manager at Lismore Estates.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter by 1pm on Monday 18 November to Paul McAree at [email protected].
Deadline for applications: Monday 18 November 2019
Interviews: 2 or 3 December 2019