Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will support and assist the General Manager in maximising the profitability, service and presentation of the theatre as well as ensuring a safe environment for all visitors and staff within the theatre. The successful candidate will have experience in a similar role and have strong leadership, organisational and financial skills together with proven experience of successfully managing a large front of house team.
- To assist in the smooth operational running of the building on a day to day basis.
- Duty Manage being responsible for the building, Health & Safety and wellbeing of all patrons, staff and visiting companies.
- Primary liaison for Cleaning & Security contractors, responsible for rostering and administration.
- Liaise with Promoters and Production companies over a variety of events.
- Understand all aspects of the business to support and guide all departments.
- Induct and Train new members of the team.
- Maintain and promote the “Customer is King” mentality throughout the building and with all staff old and new.
- Work closely with Event Programming and Ticketing in the set up and announcement of all upcoming events.
- Analyse reports and budgets working closely with all departments to create financial settlements for all events.
- Promote and maintain compliance of the Company’s Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Assist the General Manager in the accurate completion of all administrative and financial returns for the venue.
- Promote clear and effective communication internally and with external companies and contractors.
- Undertake projects within the building.
- Passionate, enthusiastic and dedicated to achieving high standards in all aspects of your work.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Confident and charismatic.
- Can build and maintain productive relationships.
- Desire to get involved in the team, and the business.
- Naturally curious about the working environment and needs of colleagues and the business.
- Willingness to work unsociable days/hours and weekends.
- Third level qualification.
- Focused on delivering high levels of customer service.
- Financial aptitude; capable of working with budgets, settlements and analysing reports.
- Be well organised with time and resources.
- Work independently, stay focused and deliver on time.
- Driven attitude towards productivity of the venue and the business.
- Understand and follow company Policy & Procedure for all aspects of your role.
- Take care and be attentive to providing a comfortable and safe environment for all venue personnel and visitors.
- Are insightful and able to think rationally about problems and deliver practical and pragmatic solutions
- Able to know instinctively whether a solution looks right or wrong, and act accordingly
- Confident enough to voice radical solutions.
- Keep a high & consistent standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
- 3 years’ experience working in a similar environment.
- Resilient and determined to see your way through and around problems and challenges.
- Take a pride in the quality of the work you produce.
- Show a reluctance to let people down by substandard delivery.
- Have a positive attitude towards further training and workshops to assist you in your duties and for further self-development.
To apply, please forward your C.V. and Cover Letter to: [email protected]
(Applications will be short-listed and only successful candidates will be contacted)