|Employer||Royal Irish Academy of Music|
|Job Type||CREATIVE MANAGEMENT & SUPPORT ROLES Arts Administration Event Management CREATIVE SUPPORT ROLES|
|Location||Dublin and the East|
|Specific Location||The Royal Irish Academy of Music is based in Dublin|
|Salary||€12,500 for c. 50 days work|
|Closing Date||Tuesday, February 2nd, 2021. Interviews will take place on Monday, February 8th.|
The Royal Irish Academy of Music is seeking expressions of interest for services for an assessment of the commercial income potential of the RIAM’s new campus venues, and preparatory work on operations relating to same.
The RIAM is in the middle of constructing an exciting new campus in its home on Westland Row. It is due to open in stages between September and December 2021. RIAM plans to operate its Conservatoire and RIAM Exams activities in tandem with commercial hires for its exciting new performance, rehearsal, recording and conference spaces for Dublin, available from 2022.
The new campus will have:
• 75 acoustically-designed teaching studios
• 300+ seat professional standard recital hall with a quality AV spec
• Opera Studio
• 60-seat Lecture Hall
• Music therapy and sonic arts hubs
• 4 ensemble rehearsal rooms
• 1 library/research hub
The RIAM seeks c. 50 days of work from a consultant to undertake the tasks outlined below. The ideal person will have worked in production in music or theatre, has musical and relevant technical knowledge, and has experience of working in or with commercial venues. Experience in the sector as a Venue, Production, Technical, Ensemble Manager or similar is preferred.
As well as advising on the campus potential with RIAM’s leadership, the consultant will need to undertake the practical work of preparing documentation relevant to opening as a venue such as writing up technical specifications, create templates of contracts for hire, produce standard timetables for venue support services and more.
- Review plans of the new RIAM campus and identify commercial income potential of the campus as a whole to include 300 seat recital hall, lecture hall, rehearsal spaces, opera studio, commercial recording, drinks and catering, conferences, and more.
- Agree with RIAM leadership what sections of the campus can be rented, for what purpose, and when.
- Model typical programming usage of venues within the new RIAM campus via a draft calendar.
- Prepare a detailed price list for hire of rooms and related areas of commercial potential across the RIAM campus, based on comparable offers in Ireland.
- Prepare recommendations on box office management for the RIAM campus.
- Devise an operational plan for various types of event (catering, security, cleaning, AV, ushers).
- Advise on the mix of in-house and outsourced services based on the operational plan, and prepare a list of potential facilities companies to use, drawing up and overseeing the tender where appropriate.
- Draw up floor plans, technical specs and contracts for hires in the RIAM campus, to be on the RIAM website by October 2021.
For more information on the RIAM campus, please find an explanatory brochure attached. Floor plans are available on
If you wish to apply, please send the following to [email protected] by e mail:
- A CV
- A cover letter
- One page outlining the potential for RIAM to integrate a commercial venue into its educational campus, and the challenges.
This will form the basis of the discussion at interview.