Young Irish Film Makers is recruiting a Youth Film Development officer. A strategic role funded by the Arts Council, developing youth film as a cultural and artistic practice in Ireland reflecting the national priorities of the Arts Council.
The Youth Film Development Officer will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of a national network of youth film clubs, practitioners and regional hubs across Ireland. The role will involve fostering creative partnerships with relevant organisations and organising regional youth film events, screenings and seminars. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of the youth film/youth arts landscape in Ireland.
- Mapping and evaluating the current landscape of youth film programmes and services provided by YIFM and other practitioners across Ireland.
- Networking with professional, community and artistic bodies.
- Establishing a network and supporting the practitioners involved.
- Development of potential partnerships and funding opportunities to support future programmes such as Young Women in Film and other artform development activities. (IADT National Film School, NYCI Youth Arts, Screen Ireland etc.)
- Identifying potential locations for youth film and animation clubs and regional hubs.
- Coordinating screenings of culturally significant films and youth authored work across Ireland.
- Other duties that may arise, as instructed by the Director of YIFM.
- Experience of non-formal voluntary youth work/youth arts practice and landscape in Ireland.
- Proven capacity to engage with young people (9-25 years) towards a developmental goal.
- Knowledge and experience of report writing.
- Commitment to the values of YIFM.
- An appreciation of film and animation as art forms.
- Full Driver’s licence and access to own transport (Desirable).
- 12 month contract (subject to probationary period). To be renewed annually based on performance.
- Reporting to the Director of YIFM
- Full time position (37.5 hours per week)
- Position will involve travel and some work during unsocial hours
- Position subject to Garda clearance
About the Organisation
Young Irish Film Makers is a specialised youth arts organisation founded in 1991 with the aim of bringing together the methodologies of youth work and the youth arts practice of film making. YIFM delivers a variety of specialised programmes in both film and animation in various locations nationwide; engaging young people in artistic process of writing and producing films. YIFM work with youth organisations to target marginalised and disadvantaged young people, in schools to engage with primary and secondary students, and a number of partnership and collaborations which deliver complex and unique programmes locally and nationally. As a specialist organisation member of the National Youth Council of Ireland (NYCI), YIFM has become recognised for their unique and valuable contribution to the youth arts landscape in Ireland.
Applicants should forward a current C.V to [email protected] along with a covering letter detailing your motivation and suitability for the role. Applications must be received before 5.00PM on March 29th 2019.