Irish Architecture Foundation (IAF) is seeking a new Director to help us write the next exciting chapter of our story. We are looking to appoint a highly experienced, enterprising and motivated individual with a strong sense for public engagement and establish IAF as central to the development of the art and science of architecture. About us: IAF is a dynamic and highly recognised cultural organisation that champions quality, innovation and diversity within the field of architecture. We explore new approaches, learning, research and public engagement, and are a catalyst and advocate for new ideas, trend-setting and discourse in contemporary practice. A not for profit organisation, we present a progressive programme across five streams of activity; Curated Events, Learning, Open House Dublin, Placemaking and Development. Between them, we enable, enrich and inspire a broad and segmented audience of participants. This very dynamic platform will provide the right candidate with a very attractive opportunity to bring their skills and visions to the table, helping us take IAF to even greater heights in the coming years. The Director will lead a skilled and collaborative team, and will demonstrate thought leadership in devising and delivering initiatives and policies that communicates architecture as part of our culture and society.
- Building new audiences, generating income, and contributing to the development of potential capital programmes.
- Advocate for the IAF and ensure a flourishing international and national profile.
- Mediate seamlessly between state and corporate stakeholders, to be aware of local and EU architecture policy priorities, and to manoeuvre within national and international architectural, urban design and creative communities.
- Developing and implementing the strategy, business plan and overall programme.
- Working with the Board, our creative team and our stakeholders, the new Director will be responsible for developing and implementing the IAF strategy, business planning and overall programme of IAF.
- KPIs will include building new audiences, generating income, and contributing to the development of IAF’s potential capital programme.
- You will be an advocate for the IAF, mediating seamlessly between state and corporate stakeholders, manoeuvring within national and international architectural, urban design and creative communities, and ensuring a flourishing national and international profile.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate thought leadership in devising and delivering strategic projects and policies that communicate architecture as part of our culture and society, and will present artistically ground-breaking exhibitions, events and initiatives.
- Minimum a 3rd Level Qualification or equivalent experience in one or more of the following: Architecture, Architectural History, Design, Design History, Cultural Studies, Spatial Practice, Planning, Curation.
- Proven track record in programming events and initiatives that communicate the value of architecture and its related fields to a broad audience.
- Inquiring mind, who is tactful, enterprising and has a very strong sense for public engagement. This very dynamic platform will provide the right candidate with a very attractive opportunity to bring their skills and visions to the table, helping us take IAF to even greater heights in the coming years
- If you have the drive, passion and experience necessary for this role, please download the information pack available below, which outlines the application procedure. https://architecturefoundation.ie
- Applications should include a cover letter, outlining why you are suitable for this role, with a full CV. Completed applications should be submitted via https://my.hrduo.com/candidate-jobs/Irish_Architecture_Foundation/8167341081
- The deadline for applications is Monday 22nd August 2022 at 17:00 GMT. Applications received after this date and time will not be accepted.
- Interviews will be held in Dublin on Tuesday 6th September 2022. Second interviews will be held in Dublin on Monday 12th September 2022.
- This position will require you to reside in Ireland.