Southside Partnership DLR, in association with Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council, is currently recruiting for the following position:
Facility Manager at The Grainstore
1 year specific purpose contract, 28 hours per week
Closing Date: 10:00am on 8th August 2019
The Grainstore is based in the heart of Cabinteely Park, Cabinteely, Dublin 18, and currently operates as a Youth Arts Facility. It is managed by dlr Arts Office and welcomes over 30,000 children and young people each year.
We are now seeking to appoint a Facility Manager who will maintain the day to day operations at The Grainstore whilst also guiding a period of development to facilitate diverse use of this key arts infrastructure.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, have the ability to work independently but also be a good team player. They will have the ability to manage the day-to-day administration and operational needs of the Grainstore and oversee refurbishment and updating of the building.
The role is 28 hours per week, Tuesday to Friday from 10am -6pm. Flexible working hours will be required, including evenings and weekends on occasion.
Holiday entitlements will be 16 days per annum (20 days pro rata). 4 days must be taken over the Christmas break when the building is closed and a minimum of 8 days must be taken during July and August.
The salary for this position is €28,500 (€35,626 pro rata).
It is a 1-year fixed term contract for the specific purpose of delivering The Grainstore through this development phase.
- Administration of the day-to-day workings of the Grainstore, including facilities management , Health and Safety and logistics;
- Liaising with the users of The Grainstore to ensure the smooth operation of the facility;
- Liaising with dlr Arts Office;
- Communications and marketing for The Grainstore
- Managing minor capital works to update the building.
- Development the capacity of the building to accommodate a variety of cultural activities.
- Experience of facilities management for a venue-based organisation including health and safety, child safe guarding.
- Experience of administration including contracts, invoicing, budget management and customer service.
- Ability to implement effective communications and marketing plans;
- A knowledge of the Arts and arts/cultural management and development;
- A third level qualification;
- Experience of project managing minor building projects and/or sub-contractors
Please submit a CV and cover letter detailing your interest and experience as it relates to the post of Facility Manager, The Grainstore to be submitted by email to [email protected]
Please include details of referees. Please note that referees will not be contacted without your prior permission.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 10:00am on Thursday, 8th August 2019.
If you have any questions in relation to this post, please email [email protected]
It is proposed to hold interviews for this position during the week commencing 19 th August 2019, with a start date as soon as possible after selection.
Please note that:
- Southside Partnership DLR is an Equal Opportunities Employer
- No late applications will be accepted and canvassing will lead to disqualification
- Any offer will be subject to satisfactory references
- This position also requires own transport and will be subject to Garda vetting