Reports To: Managing Director
Direct Reports: Festival Marketing team
Works directly with: Festival Director, Festival Administrator,
Publicist, Box Office Manager, Marketing team
Location: Flexible mix of working in Dublin office and working remotely
Duration: 18th October 2021 – 25th March 2022
FESTIVAL MARKETING MANAGER– JOB DESCRIPTION
Virgin Media Dublin International Film Festival is Ireland’s premier film event and has built a formidable reputation for delivering the very best in international film and film talent to Irish and International audiences each year.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Festival Marketing Manager will lead the marketing agenda for our 20th anniversary Festival.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Develop a marketing strategy for VMDIFF 2022 to include suggestions on year-round activity of the Festival and a ticketing strategy to meet the Festival’s 2022 targets, with specific attention paid to advance sales, bundled sales and season tickets
- Liaise with the Managing Director regarding the recruitment and management of the marketing team and manage all members of the team including temporary/casual staff, interns and marketing volunteers, develop a workflow for the marketing team and ensure effective delivery of the strategy
- Work with the Press team/Publicity Manager to ensure integrated marketing and press activity
- Drive and develop a plan for the festival launch, working with the Publicity and Production departments
- Deliver the strategy within the marketing allocation in the annual budget and provide clear oversight of this budget at all times
- Manage the advertising income of the festival with targets to be achieved in advertising income for 2022
- Deliver appropriate post event reporting information within a timely manner.
- Implement a marketing strategy and action plan to secure ticket sales for the festival’s 2022 targets. This strategy should be innovative, achievable and exciting and reach audiences using both traditional and new media technologies
- Ensure increased levels of paid admissions for all other festival events, including Industry & Public Events programme which should be marketed as a separate strand
- Implement an efficient online buying experience for customers and work with the Festival’s website company and streaming platform to ensure optimum user experience on the Festival site and mobile site
- Ensure full and comprehensive promotion of the festival, the call to action for ticket sales and implementation of the marketing strategy
- Examine and establish the festival marketing opportunities and cross promotion opportunities with new and existing suppliers and partners
- Work with the Managing Director and Box Office Manager to ensure that the Box Office personnel are fully trained in marketing strategy and objectives
- Implement promotions and offers throughout the festival. If appropriate, manage customer service queries – Front of House, Complaints, Refunds, etc.
- Ensure all ticketing information is communicated with the entire festival team and all digital, marketing and box office policies and information and any changes to daily operations are detailed to all staff.
- Work with the Festival Director, marketing and publicity teams, to deliver on the audience development plan already in place
- Prioritise reaching new communities, older people and young people
- Manage relationships with Embassies & Cultural Institutes and implement better collaborative practice
- Nurture relationships with core supporters such as filmmakers, Season Ticket Holders, Volunteers, Hosts and other Festival Friends.
Festival Marketing & Identity
- Deliver the marketing policy and brand strategy for the 2022 festival subject to the prior approval of the Festival Director, Managing Director and Board
- Ensure maximum exposure of the festival’s own branding in conjunction with the title sponsor’s, Platinum and Gold Level Sponsors’ branding and advertising campaign and to ensure that the optimum balance is maintained
- Ensure the distribution of all festival marketing materials/assets
- Develop and lead the working relationships with all third-party suppliers including the festival’s print and design suppliers, festival branding and dressing suppliers etc.
- Implement all agreements arising from deals with key media partners to ensure maximum national and international promotion and awareness
- Manage a user friendly and efficient festival website and mobile site
- Ensure accurate and efficient uploading of the festival programme to the website
- Oversee and develop the Festival’s digital platforms and activities, including but not limited to the DIFF website, search engine marketing, online analytics, PPC advertising and social media platforms
- Execute email-based marketing campaigns and ensuring appropriate and effective communication with the festival’s database
- Analyse customer interaction with the festival through the use of Google Analytics, and other data measurement tools to ensure best practices for search engine optimisation are being followed and, when appropriate, use services such as Social Flow (or other) to identify, connect to and build relationships with communities on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc;
- Proven ability to deliver on targets.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills,
- Be deadline driven
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills, and strict attention to detail.
- Ability to create dynamic presentation and design assets
- A team player with strong collaborative skills, a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, common sense and flexibility.
- Ability to respond flexibly and in a timely manner to the particular demands of working in a festival context.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven experience of working in marketing
- Experience/Understanding of working in a driven high-speed environment (desired)
- Understanding of design software and applications (desired)
- Relevant degree in Marketing
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) Microsoft 365 Outlook, Teams and Zoom, Project Management software
- Excellent working knowledge of all social media platforms, google analytics,
- Working in the arts or charity sector
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Closing date for application Wednesday 22nd September @ 5pm.
Interviews will be held online