Due to expansion of its activities The Séamus Ennis Arts Centre is creating a new role of General Manager who will support the Director in providing a safe, clean and welcoming environment for all users of The Séamus Ennis Arts Centre. The role will mainly focus on building/facilties maintenance and ensuring the highest standards of health and safety in all aspects of operation.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of facilities/property management
- Knowledge and experience in health and safety
- Proven track record in delivering successful projects on time and on budget
- People management experience with a knowledge of sound HR practice
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills and ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft tools such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams etc.
- Own transport and full driving licence essential
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends if required
- Friendly and courteous in dealing with the public
- Ability to contribute effectively to a small team
- The successful candidate will be subject to Garda vetting
- Experience of management in the arts or cultural sector
Terms & Conditions
- This is a part-time role – initially 3 days per week.
- Location: Work will predominantly need to take place onsite due to the nature of the role
- Hours of work: Normally during office hours but flexibility will be required to work outside of those hours should the work of contractors or the demands of events require it.
- 25 days holidays per annum, pro-rata
- Contract Duration: Permanent (with 6-month probation period)
- Salary level: 38k+ (pro-rata) depending on experience
Applications, including a CV and cover letter, should be submitted by e-mail to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: June 30 2022 at 5pm