|Employer||The Galway Music Residency|
|Job Type||Arts Administration CREATIVE MANAGEMENT & SUPPORT ROLES|
|Location||Galway, the West and Northwest|
|Specific Location||Galway City|
|Salary||Commensurate with Experience|
The Galway Music Residency exists to serve the people of Galway city and county, providing opportunities for all to experience music in new and unexpected ways, to learn from inspiring musicians and spark joy in their lives.
ConTempo Quartet was chosen as GMR’s Ensemble in Residence in 2002 and took up the position in 2003. During their 16 years with GMR they have captivated Galway audiences, inspired emerging musicians and life-long learners, and made classical music accessible to all.
GMR is seeking a General Manager (30 hours per week) to cover the maternity leave of the current GM. This position is offered as a fixed term contract for a period of 6-9 months, with a provisional start date of 23rd September. A probationary period of 3 months applies.
The working hours for this role are 30 hours per week. However, the nature of the role requires flexibility and a willingness to work outside of normal office hours on occasion. Time off in lieu will operate on an agreed basis. A pro-rata entitlement of 20 annual leave days excluding Public Holidays applies.
The position is based at GMR’s offices, located at Riverside Terrapin, NUI Galway. However, the role may require the post holder to work at, and from, other locations throughout the city and county from time to time.
This General Manager will be part of a small team, supported by a part-time Administration Assistant, the Board and GMR’s Artistic Committee. The role is multi-faceted and involves being in the thick of every element of the organisation.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager’s key responsibilities will include:
- Financial management to include grant applications; (Arts Council, Galway City Council, Galway County Council, etc.)
- Governance and compliance;
- Management of education programmes;
- HR management;
- Supervision of Administration Assistant;
- Contribute to and implement strategic plans, including fundraising strategy;
- Contribute to artistic planning and programme development, in conjunction with the Artistic Committee and Board; and
- Other general duties.
- Overseeing the Friends scheme (managed by Administration Assistant);
- Implementing and adhering to reporting procedures; and
- Processing payments and receipts and financial record-keeping.
Programme Management/Event Management
- Overall management and delivery of GMR’s annual programme of performances and activities.
- At least three years’ quantifiable experience working at executive level in a music/arts context;
- Demonstrable experience writing and submitting successful grant applications;
- Experience working in event management, preferably within the Arts sector;
- Fundraising experience;
- A third-level qualification (a degree in music/arts/education is desirable but not essential);
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills;
- A responsible, efficient and hard‐working self-starter, with both artistic and organisational skills, and excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and experience in Content Management Systems and managing social media;
- Some flexibility regarding work schedule.
- A high level of knowledge and awareness of the music sector in Ireland;
- Full clean drivers licence with access to own car.
- Applicants should submit a completed application form and CV by email to [email protected] or by post to ‘Galway Music Residency, NUI Galway, Riverside Terrapin, Distillery Road, Lower Newcastle, Galway’ no later than 5:30pm on Friday 26th July 2019. “GMR General Manager” should be included in the subject. If applying by post, applications must be received by the closing date.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Friday 2nd August 2019. Interviews are provisionally scheduled to take place during the week of 19th August 2019.
- For questions or an informal chat about the role, please contact Maeve Bryan, General Manager, by Wednesday 24th July, 12 noon. Email [email protected]