|Employer||Irish Museum of Modern Art|
|Job Type||Gallery, Museum or Library|
|Location||Dublin and the East|
|Specific Location||Irish Museum of Modern Art, Royal Hospital Kilmainham, Dublin DO8FW31|
|Closing Date||Sunday 28th May 2023 by noon|
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
IMMA has a unique opportunity for a talented part time HR Manager who has an interest in working in the Arts.
The successful candidate will provide best practice Human Resources knowledge, team management, advice and technical management to support the delivery of IMMA’s Strategy.
The role involves working closely with the Head of Corporate Services, the Director of IMMA and working alongside another part time Human Resources Manager to manage the operation of the Human Resource function.
The successful candidate will have specific areas of responsibility of the Human Resources function within IMMA resulting in the delivery of a high performing and innovative Human Resources function.
This part time HR Manager role would be on a 6 month fixed term contract initially covering a leave of absence.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
HR Business Partner
- Build and maintain effective and dynamic relations between the Human Resources Department and your allocated departments.
- Provide an all-encompassing, expert and operational support, advice and information to the leadership of the designated department.
- Strategize and implement best practices across the organization.
- Collaborate with management and staff, as well as with the HR Officer in the areas of employee relations, diversity and inclusion, budgeting for staff costs and other employment- related costs, reporting, resource planning, staff recruitment, analysis and oversight of human resource policies and procedures within the designated department.
- Act as a coach and business partner to leaders and teams, consult with all leaders to drive engagement and continuous improvement mindset in IMMA’s culture
- Partner with the organisation in the delivery of talent management strategy and workforce planning.
- Establish and deliver a best practice employee resourcing model that is both efficient and effective in delivering the right people to support the implementation of the organisations strategic plan specifically focusing on recruitment in the arts.
- Ensure the employer brand is developed and underpins all activities in employee resourcing ensuring diversity and inclusion.
- Provide guidance, support and training to managers and employees in connection with employee resourcing at IMMA.
- Analyse trends and HR analytics, in partnership with the HR team, to provide meaningful data to management.
- Serve as an internal consultant to senior management on workforce planning and employee resourcing.
Learning & Development
- Work alongside the HR Manager to embed a strategic approach to learning and development.
- Collaborate with Head of allocated departments to identity development needs against competency frameworks and within the Performance Management process.
- Deliver a learning and development plan that is fit for purpose and responds to organization strategy
- Co-ordinate the delivery of development Prrogrammes, aligned to the specific development needs of each Department.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of the success of development programmes
- Support discussions and transfer best practices from different teams in the organisation.
Human Resource Information Management
- Project Manage the roll out of a new HR time and attendance Information system (HRIS)
- Manage the administration of the payroll and pension’s function with the support of the HR officer
- Ensure compliance with legislation, regulations, public pay and pensions policies and internal controls delivering a best practice payroll and pensions function.
- Collaborate with the Finance Department an other relevant internal stakeholders to ensure cohesive delivery of HRIS.
- Ensure the development and delivery of employee training and awareness sessions.
- Develop the data analytics requirements for supporting Organisational Strategy.
- Develop business intelligence and analytic tools.
- Maintain, develop and improve data gathering.
- Become a subject matter expert for our Softworks system implementation.
- Configure Softworks according to business and technical requirements.
- Research and resolve unexpected results or process flaws ensuring any risks are identified and mitigated.
- Advocate Softworks and inform on new trends and technologies.
Any other duties, and any changed duties, as assigned by the Head of Corporate Services and / or Director.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
Qualifications: A minimum Level 6 degree on the QQI Framework in a relevant degree in Human Resources or Business Administration and CIPD membership required.
- At least 5 years experience in a comparable role, having worked on HR Projects.
- Project Management
- Knowledge of workable HR procedures and policies
- Good consulting skills, ability to coach and build strong relationships with different people across the organisation.
Note: This job advert is a guide to broad areas of responsibilities and accountability and should not be regarded as a comprehensive listing.
Salary: €53,955 - €67,951 per annum pro rated.
*This role will be filled in accordance with the first point of the Higher Executive Officer (HEO) Grade (PPC) Scale Point 1 as at 01st March 2023 pro rated unless the successful candidate is appointed from an existing public sector role.
The Irish Museum of Modern Art complies with Department of Public Expenditure and Reform and guidelines on Public Sector pay and conditions of employment.
Contract: 6 month fixed term contract covering sick leave
Location: Blended Working Policy with office location at IMMA, Royal Hospital Kilmainham, Military Road, Dublin 8.
Working Hours: Part Time (half the whole time equivalent of 39 hours per week inclusive of breaks).
Closing date: Applications to be submitted no later than noon on Sunday, 28th May 2023.
Interviews: June 2023
How to apply: All suitable applicants should apply with one document to include a CV and a cover letter to [email protected].
At IMMA we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful organisation.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of Gender, Civil Status, Family Status, Sexual Orientation, Religion, Age, Disability, Race, Membership of the Traveler Community or any other characteristic protected by the equality act.