|Job Type||MEDIA MARKETING, DESIGN AND DIGITAL ROLES Advertising & Copywriting Journalism & Media Marketing & PR Publishing & Editing|
|Location||Dublin and the East|
|Salary||Salary scale commences at €24,000. Salary will be commensurate with experience and number of hours worked (minimum 19.5 hours per week).|
PLEASE SEE ATTACHMENT FOR: Employment Application Form Marketing Officer
Please return a cover letter and completed application form to: CEO, Outhouse Community Resource Centre, 105 Capel Street, Dublin 1 Or
Closing date for receipt of Cover Letter and Completed Application Form
6pm Friday, 31st May 2019
CV’s will not be considered.
The terms of our funding stipulate that the successful candidate for this post should generally be in receipt of a payment from the Department of Social Protection, however exemption are permissible for this position.
Overview: Outhouse is a community and resource centre owned by and operating on behalf of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community. Outhouse Mission is to provide a safe space that facilitates and encourages the growth of services and supports to the LGBT community. The Centre provides a ‘safe space’ for people to meet, build friendships, and develop support networks and interest groups within a stated and practiced ethos of respect.
Purpose of Role
- Management and Maintenance of Outhouse Marketing Strategy, Website and Social Media Platforms.
- Marketing Strategy
- Website & Social Media Platforms
- Develop and manage Outhouse marketing strategy. Promoting a cohesive voice for Outhouse’s engagement across all media platforms in line with the ethics and ethos of the centre and its work.
- Production of marketing material (online and print) of Outhouse’s frontline services, ensuring that the work of the organisation and the needs of its service users are actively and accurately reflected.
- Liaising with Centre staff and management regarding the production of marketing material (online and print) of Outhouse Café, Venue (spaces) and events.
- Developing innovative ways of engaging prospective Outhouse users, through promotional means other than internet or print based materials.
- Development and maintenances of Outhouse media relationships including press release writing, distribution, media monitoring and campaign evaluation.
- Developing content for Outhouse’s social media platforms. Liaising with the Outhouse Communication Officer to write, edit and curate communications content for website Noticeboard.
- Development and content management of Outhouse Master Communications database.
- Content management, maintenance and optimisation of Outhouse website and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter etc.).
- Track and analyse website traffic flow and social media presence, providing monthly reports.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time.
Key Skills Required for Role
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing / media.
- Excellent communication skills and fluent written and spoken English.
- High levels of initiative and ability to work without direct supervision.
- Excellent word-processing and database management skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including copywriting and proofing skills.
- First class communication skills, ability to operate professionally and effectively at all levels.
- Ability to facilitate, maintain and manage good working relationship between staff, volunteers, user groups and partner organisations.
- Clear understanding of working with diverse communities and individuals.
- Flexibility is required in all aspects of this post.
- A working Knowledge of GDPR regulations would be advantageous
Salary & Hours: Salary scale commences at €24,000. Salary will be commensurate with experience and number of hours worked (minimum 19.5 hours per week).
Place of work: The place of work shall be Outhouse, 105 Capel Street, Dublin 1.
Term: 1 year renewable contract (including 6 month probationary period).
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS: 6PM FRIDAY 31ST MAY 2019
• Outhouse CLG is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability or religious belief.
• Please complete this form in black or blue ink or type.
• CV's or similar unsolicited material will not be accepted in place of or in addition to completed application forms.
• Please read this form and any additional information carefully. Applicants will be short-listed only if they demonstrate that they meet all of the essential qualifications. If you believe you meet these, you must adequately demonstrate this in the space provided.
• We regret that it is not possible to provide individualised feedback to applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview and we kindly request that you do not call or email seeking feedback. Feedback is available for candidates called to interview.