University Concert Hall (UCH) is seeking an energetic professional manager for the post of Marketing & Sales Manager. The post holder, reporting to the Director, will play a major role in the continued and ongoing development of the UCH team as they develop and deliver a full season of events and concerts. The successful candidate will possess strong marketing practice and social media skills aligned with good commercial awareness (including procurement awareness), good people management experience and a genuine interest in the arts would be an advantage. A proven track record in a similar post would be a requirement for the post.
The key elements of the role include:
- Develop and implement an integrated, vibrant and commercially effective marketing, communications and audience development strategy for UCH, its artistic programme and ancillary activities.
- Maintain and increase the profile of UCH regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Initiate, create, deliver, monitor, analyse and evaluate all aspects of promotional campaigns ensuring each campaign is designed to maximise earned income and profile derived through ticket sales and other sources of earned income.
- Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate all Development activities in a manner that maximizes contributed income for UCH’s operating and capital needs.
- Oversee the effective management of UCH’s Box Office and Sales team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 3 years relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience of project delivery.
- Proven track record of supporting a high performing team.
- A good understanding of contract management, procurement, project delivery and commercial negotiations.
- A strong work ethic; a good knowledge of people management practice; and some experience in the area of IT.
- An interest in and experience of the arts sector.
A copy of the detailed role specification is available on the University Concert Hall Website - https://www.uch.ie/about-us/careers-at-uchl/
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter setting out their suitability for this position and CV to: Marie Healy, [email protected].
Closing date for applications is 2nd September 2019.
Any specific queries relating to the post can be raised with:
Sinead Hope, Director University Concert Hall.