First Music Contact is the Arts Council funded resource organisation for the popular music sector in Ireland. Our activities centre around amplifying the soundtrack to Ireland’s future by supporting Irish artists and those who work with them.
As part of our programme of supports for artists and the independent music sector in Ireland we deliver the Irish Music Export initiative, Music From Ireland in partnership with Culture Ireland.
As we further develop our suite of services and programmes for the sector, we have secured funding from Culture Ireland to offer a part-time fixed term contract to help develop our export activity under Music From Ireland.
The role of Music From Ireland Assistant requires a key number of tasks surrounding pre- and post-event planning and reporting as well as attendance at some of our 11 international events.
The position will include:
- Pre-event planning and budgeting
- Production (overseas)
- Event management (overseas)
- Artist liaison (overseas)
- Post-event financial report to Culture Ireland
- Post-event artist reports
- Post-event evaluation
The ideal candidate must have:
- A working knowledge of the music industry
- Be personable
- Be able to travel
- Must be familiar with First Music Contact and their role within the music industry in Ireland and internationally
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Some production background is also desirable
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected] by Friday, April 26th with the subject line Music From Ireland Assistant.
FMC is an equal opportunities employer and holds gender equality as a core value.
Music From Ireland funds artists, plans, coordinates and produces the Irish showcases at the following events: Eurosonic, SXSW, Tallinn Music Week (discovery), The Great Escape, Primavera Pro , A2IM Indie Week, Reeperbahn, Mondo NYC, TIM Japan (discovery), Ireland Week, Iceland Airwaves and M for Montreal.