The Finnish Institute in the UK and Ireland creates positive change by connecting people through culture, knowledge and art. The Institute is a centre of proven expertise on Finnish culture and society, working in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. The Institute supports Finnish contemporary artists, cultural actors, researchers, social activists and innovators in creating international networks. Our work is based on equality, accessibility and transparency. We promote an anti-racist work-culture.
We are looking for two new Programme Directors:
Programme Director, Arts
Programme Director, Society
The two new Programme Directors will form a tight-knit programming team with a cross-disciplinary approach. The new team will work closely with the Institute’s Director and the Institute’s networks in the UK, Ireland and Finland, planning and managing the Institute’s programme. In the coming years, our Arts and Society Programmes will have a strong wellbeing and mental health focus. We will also increase exchange with Scottish organisations in the fields of arts, culture and society.
- Insight: You understand and take a creative interest in your field of expertise in Finland, the United Kingdom and/or the Republic of Ireland. You are good at identifying emerging and relevant phenomena, as well as potential partner organisations and independent collaborators in your field.
- Networks: You are skilled in building and maintaining cross-border and cross-disciplinary networks. You are keen on developing sustainable, long-term impact in your networks and communities. You have close connections to Finland and Finnish culture.
- Initiative: You have the ability to think and work both on strategic and practical levels, you are impact-driven and not afraid to take initiative.
- Interpersonal skills: You are committed to equality, accessibility and transparency. You adhere to inclusive and anti-racist principles. You will also guide the Institute’s interns in their work.
- Communications skills: One of the new Programme Directors will also manage the Institute’s day-to-day communications. Please indicate your preference about taking on this responsibility in your application. Experience in communication and stakeholder management is a plus for both roles.
- Qualifications: You have a relevant Master’s Degree or higher. You are fluent in written and spoken English. Finnish and/or Swedish skills are considered a strong asset. Fluency in Finnish is required for the communications role.
The Programme Directors are recruited on a three-year contract with an option to extend the contract, subject to agreement. Our office is in Kings Cross in London. Both the office and the nearest public transport hub are wheelchair accessible. The new Programme Directors will start their work in London in August 2021, visa procedures and corona restrictions permitting.
Director Jaakko Nousiainen, by email ([email protected]) and by phone on Fridays 9, 16 and 23 April, 9am-12pm UK/Irish time, 11.00-14.00 Finnish time, +44(0)7711004801.