WGI Event Co-Ordinator
The Writers’ Guild of Ireland are looking to hire a freelance Event Co-ordinator to organise and deliver a defined series of virtual panels, webinars and mentoring sessions in the second half of 2021 and early spring of 2022.
The Writers’ Guild of Ireland is the representative body for writers for stage, screen and radio in Ireland. The guild runs training and mentoring events throughout the year for members as well as informational briefings and networking opportunities.
The role includes:
- Working with a small team to successfully manage and deliver the events programme.
- Managing the events’ panels and guests.
- Liaising with the WGI administration team, updating them on progress and flagging any issues.
- Setting up zoom events and moderating them effectively.
- Completing and submitting funding paperwork.
- Devising and organising Publicity/PR for the events via social and traditional media.
Skills & Requirements
- Prior experience of events/arts project management
- A strong track record of successful project delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong initiative and ideas generation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work without supervision
- Good time management skills
Interested applicants are invited to submit a CV and covering letter detailing their experience to hugh.farley[at]script.ie before 5pm on Wednesday 4th August. Please include ‘WGI Event Co-Ordinator’ in the subject line of your email.
This freelance contract will attract a fixed total fee of €5780 for the project. Contact hours are at the discretion of the successful candidate subject to meeting all project requirements. The successful candidate will not be exclusive to WGI and will provide their services on a self-employed basis. The work will be on a remote basis, though we envisage some Dublin location-based duties in the event that government guidelines permit.